Thursday, January 26, 2012

An Early Morning Run

Sunday night, I decided that I wanted to wake up bright and early the next morning to get a run in. I put on a pair of running shorts and a sports bra and a tank top to sleep in, so I can wake up ready to go! I was pumped! I set my alarm for 5 am and couldn't wait!
Monday morning, I woke up before the alarm had a chance to startle me awake. I was up and ready to go! Then, I realized that Monday's are weigh in day...Big mistake. I had a pretty heavy weekend, filled with fried food and wine an a girl's shopping trip in Buffalo. Stepping on the scale was my first mistake. Up 5.5 lbs. I was bummed!!!!! Trying not to get discouraged, I put my hair up in a ponytail, stuffed my feet into my running socks and shoes and headed for the treadmill, which is in the office. Trying to stay motivated, I decided to run a little faster than the last time. I was too ambitious. I was struggling to  run a quarter mile, definitely feeling the effects of the previous weekend. So I ran a quarter mile and then rested, and then ran a quarter mile, then rested, logging in a total of a mile and a half. Feeling like a complete failure, I hit the shower. Better luck next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment